tools

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: tools
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:49:31 -0800 (PST)
My dad always said:  "If your going to buy a tool, but the best you can
afford."  Well, sometimes a cheap tool is all I can afford.  I'd rather have a
four-dollar tie rod pickel fork than use a hammer and cold chisel for an hour
trying to get the thing apart.  I'd rather have an eight dollar Harbor Freight
steering wheel puller than strain a gut trying to get a wheel off with none.
My Harbor Freight hydraulic engine hoist and work dollies work fine too.  Would
I use socket wrenches or combination wrenches from there - - no, I got Sears.
Wanted Snap-on, but Craftsman has a lifetime warranty and costs half as much.
Sometimes Harbor Freight has a good solution.  Sometimes Sears is the best I
can afford. At least now I have a tool for every job.
DIck J In East Texas