RE: Topic Ideas

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Topic Ideas
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 12:18:47 -0600
Keith:
as Dave has tried to point-out in the past, we enjoy joking with each other
so much that any legitimate technical question can quickly become lost in
the chatter.  I asked one sometime back on shaving tires that still brings
some jollies now and then-- but I never got a speck of useful information
from it.  Too bad about those things-- the list still does us all a lot of
good, even when we don't get our answers.  But, since you're asking, I'll
try a new technical question:

If I raise the stock (~12.5/1) compression ratio on my GSX-R600 to ~14.5/1--
running race-gas thru (normally aspirated) EFI-- will my stock starter still
crank the engine effectively?  If not, what can I do (other than add an
external starting system, or push-start) to get the engine to spin?  (I have
to retain the appearance of a stock starting system to run in Production
class.)
Thanks,
Russ, #1226B