El Mirage Report

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: El Mirage Report
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:09:23 -0500
List,

The ECTA group, John Beckett, Lionel Williams, Susan Miller, Jonathan
(Airtite) Barnes and I had a great weekend. We flew in Thursday night
and took Glen Barret's advise and visited two airplane museums in Chino
Friday morning before going to the NHRA  Palace in the afternoon. I
though Beckett would kill himself diving out of the van when he saw the
Goldenrod Liner on the trailer in the parking lot. The museum has a
great 200 MPH Club display and a number of LSR cars along with some
great drag racing history.

Friday night...or maybe it was real early Saturday morning, Fast Freddie
and Alan Fogliadini and friends came pounding on our motel room door. It
seams that Alan has been practicing since speedweek on his best 'Tony
Soprano' voice and had to let me hear it!!! ( It's not repeatable hear!)

We followed them to the lake Saturday morning and found out what dust is
all about!!! We lost them twice in the haze! I guess we picked the best
race of the year as the weather was great. We spent the next two days
visiting all of our friends and made some new ones. Sunday it was windy
and we got to 'eat a litttle dust' but no one seamed to mind.

We really enjoyed all of the hospitality, you Left Coast Guys and Girls
really know how to end a season. The flight home was filled with plans
on how to get the new car done and come back next year so we can
'play-in-the-dirt'.

joe

joe