Re: Parachute Deployment Load Rates...

To: "W S Potter" <wester6935@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Parachute Deployment Load Rates...
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:25:22 +1100
Who was at Black Rock when Richard Noble and Andy Green ran?  What did they
do to stop?  Can we learn something from those cars?  Noble used the best
Great Britain had to offer to solve his problems with both those cars.  I
don't know how many runs Green made but it was an incredible number just
inching up to the sound barrier.  Whatever techniques he used, they worked.

I've got a small video clip of the Thrust Scc  during the record breaking run
one in which Andy Green is heard talking throughout the run ,and on the
slowdown he mentions releasing the parachute at 530 mph ,it deploys without
problems ,when he reaches 150 mph the brakes are applied  obviously they had
this sorted out
Gary Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com