RE: Parachutes & wide tires

To: "'Russel Mack'" <rtmack@concentric.net>,
Subject: RE: Parachutes & wide tires
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:41:04 -0400
I went to the Salt last year and tested different tires. My best results
were with the 12" wide "Rain Tires" that NASCAR used at Japan. I spun
twice testing the Daytona/Talladega tires I grooved and once cause I
couldn't take my finger off the NOS button.
Mayf could probably give us an equation as to what fluid (air being a
fluid) handling characteristics that particular tire has. Me I'm just a
converted redneck and I know what worked for me. Wishing I had a dollar
for every time I did something someone told me I couldn't.

I'll use skinny tires on the front of the Merk but I'll try to fit those
rain tires in the back.

Best to all,
Grib

"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of
your life"