Re: hemi cam timing

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: hemi cam timing
From: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:24:17 -0700
    Dick, Remember that an engine is just a machine. An engine does not know or
care what name is written on the valve cover. You need to know the  flow of the
heads, compression, bore and stroke and rod length. What RPM you want to run.
With that information there are many programs
you can work with to find the right cam. In the old days you had to have a
master on the cam grinder to grind the cam. Today with CNC machines all you
have to do is tell it what you want. I use two different computer programs to
find the best cam for what I need. If both agree then
I know I'm close. I still check with the cam maker just to see if his program
comes up with the same numbers.    Doug Odom in big ditch