Re:Jay Leno

To: land-speed forum <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Jay Leno
From: Micky Dardis <mgdardis@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:58:47 +0100 (BST)
I got a guided tour of Jays car collection earlier this year.And that turbine
bike was outside with a machanic trying to start it up.I was told it had just
had a blade wash (dont ask me,one of the more technical people on the list may
know what this is) and it just wouldnt restart while I was there,which was a
shame,because to me a turbine starting up and running is one of the best sounds
in the world.This bike though was well cool,very long wheelbase,digital dash
(including exhaust gas temp) and a tv screen (not so Jay could watch David
Letterman )but connected to a camera above the back wheel so traffic behind
could be seen.I was told this bike was the 2nd one built and I think only 8 or
12 were ever made.Regards Micky in Dublin,Ireland