Re: World of Speed ... flushed!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: World of Speed ... flushed!
From: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:31:38 -0600 (MDT)
> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:20:32 -0600
> From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
> Subject: Re: World of Speed ... flushed!
>
> Maybe we should add a swamp buggy class, 'Land Speed Racing', becomes 'Salty
> Swamp Racing'.  Maybe as a variation on the barstool racing.  Would nitrogen
> filled speedway tires be better than tundra tires on a racing barstool??
> ;-P
> Dave Seely
> 1141 XF/VOT

Hahahaha, "Hovercraft Class"...  Now that would be interesting for sure.
Not wheel driven, but not technically an aircraft either, so how does that
qualify?  I'd like to see one of those hit a couple hundred MPH... :)
(streamliner hovercraft?)  Boy if there was ever an interesting
application for a couple of turbine engines this is it!  Or maybe some
small block V8's just to get that throaty rumble.  heh.  "Hoverstool"?  Ok
I'll stop now.

I guess now I don't feel quite so bad about having to cancel my trip to
WoS this year, but I'm sorry it had to be stopped all the same.  I'm sure
a lot of hard work went into preparation and I was looking forward to
reading about it and seeing pics online later.  Good job anyway guys!

-rf