Re: Full Flow Oil Filters

To: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Full Flow Oil Filters
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:05:28 -0700
The filter you are referring to was the Franz (sp?) filter. They
actually did a pretty go job of filtering, the problem was that the
recommendations were to change the element (toilet paper) and add a
quart of oil. They hawked the idea that you would never have to change
oil again. The problems came from not changing the oil not from poor
filtering.  High levels of acid in the oil ate up the bearings.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC (which will be running the same engine that
we ran at Speedweek. My machinist's spent a Monday and Tuesday by his
mother's bed side. She died yesterday and the funeral is Monday. Getting
my engine ready just wasn't that important to either of us.)