GT40 spinner

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT40 spinner
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:52:07 -0700
that big wide APPROPRIATE tires can work at high speeds on damp or even wet
surfaces such as asphalt,

Neil,

I find the key word in caps in your response. While "rain" tires may work I
don't think we have seen them yet.

Last year Gribb did some testing with treaded tires with some success. I doubt
if anyone will reject a tire out of hand, may put some speed restrictions on,
but if we don't use 'em how will we know? There is some depth of experience
here though and that experience tells us that a fat, treaded tire does not
work at high speeds on the salt most of the time.

Dan