Technical Question - wheel arrangements

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Technical Question - wheel arrangements
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:02:33 -0400
Until I get around to obtaining a current rule book I will ask the list for
comments on wheel arrangements in the Competition Coupe and Sedan Classes.
Three questions follow gang.

Some of the latest streamliners are using a 'staggered' front wheel
arrangement which can give a very narrow 'track'.  Examples I can recall
include Flatfire and Nebulous Theorem.

Could such an arrangement be translated onto a narrow nosed Competition
Coupe?  Has it been done before any way?  Do the front wheels then have to
be the same size?

As an example, could the front wheels be tucked under the nose of George
Fields Trackmaster Simca BFCC?

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England