RE: MC Chain

To: Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com (Clay, Dale), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MC Chain
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:20:27 -0400 (EDT)
Dale, I suspect the rear fork might start to give way before you got to
8800 lbs of chain pull!  It would take an almighty violent abusive
clutch start to get that much snatch on it.  Seriously, the pull on the
chain can be computed pretty easily by factoring the torque in the
gearbox output shaft and the size of the sprocket on it.  Anybody want
to try that?  I got into it many years ago and sent in an article to Bob
Greene when he was editor of Motorcyclist for a while.  He said it was
nice, but 'too deep' for his mag.  Bill