salt flats fiasco

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: salt flats fiasco
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:31:13 -0700
Magcorp has been the biggest polluter in the U S for years.  Their plant on
the east end of the salt flats was the worst for releasing toxic emissions,
Now they are walking away from pollution on 84 square miles of public lands
with no penalties while the owner builds a $100,000,000 mansion on Long
Island.

http://www.ksl.com/TV/tbin/printpag.pl

I hope the BLM in Washington D C wises up after this and holds others mining
on the salt flats to reliable restoration and clean-up responsibilities.
Our friend Glenn Carpenter at the Salt Lake BLM office is stuck with the
Magcorp problem.  Makes me wonder about Reilly.

Wes