public liability insurance

To: "list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: public liability insurance
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 11:30:04 +1000
List
Over here we are currently experiencing an insurance crisis especially with
public liability due to several factors ( collapse of our largest insurance
under writer, unprecedented number of people suing other people for the most
trivial of reasons , courts awarding massive payouts , and lawyers on a
feeding frenzy encouraging every body to sue anything that moves and if it
doesn't move push it ) as a result of this unbridled greed insurance companies
are unwilling to insure anyone especially sporting events which are considered
dangerous , the Dry Lakes racers are presently trying to source what ever
avenues of obtaining public liability that are possible , personally my
business was unable to secure this type of insurance in Australia I eventually
procured it through Lloyds of London  at a massive 1200% increase over last
years fees , which got me thinking  who does the SCTA use for this service ,if
possible could someone on the list put me in contact with the person
responsible for obtaining your insurance , so the DLRA could approach them as
a possible source of insurance for our upcomming speed week next March, any
assistance would be most appreciated  Thanks in advance .
Gary     Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com