the OFFICIAL LSR Road trip questionairre

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: the OFFICIAL LSR Road trip questionairre
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:46:16 +0000
Hi all!

First, let me congratulate all of you for having the time of your lives at
SPEEDWEEK.  I sure wish I could have been counted among those attending. It
sure looks like a whole lotta records got hit -and again many
congratulations are in order.  I sure enjoyed all your posts about it.  I
think I read just about every one.  Im just now getting caught up!  Sure
was thrilling to read about Nolan White's wild ride!  Good for him.  Glad he
went F.A.S.T.!

Say,... I wonder if some of you could help me indoctrinate a few of my Hot
Rod friends who are contemplating a cross-country trip next year.

If you would, answer a few questions below, and comment a few lines after
each.  Add whatever comments you like as well... Then send the entire e-mail
back to me in its entirety.  I'm puttin' together a primer of sorts for
these "first-timers" and want to make some worthy suggestions in it.

Who else better to ask than you guys?

Ive attended 4 SPEEDWEEKS so far myself, so I have a fairly good idea of
what to tell them, but I thought it might be neat to put forth these
questions if for no other reason than to open a "dialog" for everyone as to
what you feel is important  -thereby we might ALL learn something. :-)
YES?

Thanks in advance folks,...

                   Cheers, its Dirt Track Doug exiled in New Yawk

PS: for some additional fun go to:
http://www.thevintageracer.com/2002_emmr_convention8.htm  -to see what a bad
boy I've been lately!  LOL!

                             ---- oooo ----
Questions:

1.  If I were traveling cross-country from the East Coast, Id be sure to
pack these Essentials to make my days on the salt the most pleasant I
possibly could:

2.  These are the places Id recommend to stay along the way, and in
Wendover:

    and why;

3.  During SPEEDWEEK, here are the must dos  hat you just CAN'T miss:

4    Heres what I would plan on bringing with me to take good care of my
ride:

and finally,

5.  While traveling across our great land, here are some of the places I
sure wouldnt want to miss seeing:

Thanks again to all for your participation, hopefully over time, this can
help to enlighten many new pilgrims to our beloved sport  :-)