Re: pre-48 PICKUP trucks and New to the list

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pre-48 PICKUP trucks and New to the list
From: Michael Siewert <mdsiewer@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:48:33 -0600
Dan Warner wrote:

> Phoenix runs in Ulimited Deisel Truck class where there is no restriction as
> to what year the vehicle can be.. I mistook Dave's question to be in regards
> to pickup trucks as normally seen in 1/2 & 3/4 ton configurations.
>
> Even with this said, there is no current class a pre-48 pickup can run, hasn't
> changed in the last few minutes.
>
> Dan Warner

This thread lands right in our back yard, and since I'm new to the
list (Thanks to Karen Davis for pointing it out to me in the staging
lanes at Bonneville)
I thought I'd say hello.

I'm Mike Siewert, one of a group of guys from Calgary who ran at
Bonneville for our first time this month.
Our car (truck?) number 1149 is a 1928 Ford roadster pick-up, during
the registration process we got slotted as B/STR. Whether we belong in
STR is beyond me, it was a dream come true for the bunch of us to run
there though and no doubt we'll be back for many years to come. We had
a wonderful time this year, and returned home intact after 10 runs and
a best speed of 191. Needless to say we are all floating on clouds
this week.

The was a question raised among our group on the way home though. How
can we find out about other roadster pickup's that may have run in
years past? One of the guys suggested we might be close to having "the
fastest roadster pickup around", but I don't know where (other than
here) to start researching to find out if he's on the right track.
It'd be a fun line to use while we fund raise for next year though.

I don't know whether we're a roadster or a pick-up, but I do know
we're having FUN!

Thanks!
Mike
--
Michael D. Siewert
Technical Support Group, Department of Chemistry