Hi again

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hi again
From: "Dana Goulston" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:06:47 -0700
Hi all,

As per Keith's prompting.

I've just re-sub'd. after about a year off. It's really great to read the
results and stories of all the Bonneville participants (racers, volunteers,
crew, and friends).

I plan on next year ... if all goes well. Not quite ready this year.

I ran a 1980 GS-450 (500cc -- AG/500) at the Lakes in 2001. I only squeaked
a 114+ on a 157+ record, but was very happy to garner a stack of points in
my rookie season. I love the dash plaques! I possibly could have gone 5-8
MPH more, but a minor glitch between the seat and the throttle occurred.

Anyway, I figured with lots of cashola, I probably wouldn't be able to get
much past 135-140 even with a heavily ported 2-valve head (medium porting
now) ... so off I went to eBay and snagged myself a brand-spanking new GT-15
turbocharger.

That opens up some new classes where the scoot can be competitive (5 of the
classes are open now, and I is very soft, 2 more will be tough -- the frame
is still "M-class"). I'm also adding a DIY-EFI system which is due in the
mail any day now (some assembly required).

Just picked up a 2 new sponsors this month (a turbo-engineering company, and
Cycle Gear, a parts chain).

I'm installing turbo plumbing now, and will post pics and stuff on my web
site as soon as I get the motor-vation to get it re-built (the web site).

Again, congrats to all!!

Dana Goulston
Folsom, CA
#789b