Re: Ardun Blown Gas Roadster: Best Flywheel Weight for Maxton

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, bigsid@webtv.net, marco <bk185@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: Ardun Blown Gas Roadster: Best Flywheel Weight for Maxton
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:12:44 +1200
> Flywheel #1 is a 60 lb steel flywheel Lloyd Capanna made for me.
> Flywheel #2 is a trusty 12 or 15 lb original Schiefer forged aluminum
> with a bronze insert that I've been using thus far.

Geez Bill,  big variation between the 2 options. At the end of the day its
all about stored energy which gives the nod to the 60 lb, especially if your
going to shift from 2nd to 4th. Clutch at that static load won't be a
problem if its in good nick.

Best overall would be a 30 pounder, start in 2nd if wheels spin but I'd use
3rd & 4th. All the best Bill.