Re: Maxton

To: crothfuss@coastalnet.com (Chuck Rothfuss), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:30:12 -0500 (EST)
Chuck, thanks for that good story, enjoyed chatting with you at Maxton.

Yes indeed, the Annual Banquet was a big success, looked like at least
150 people there to me, and the food was absolutely delicious (unusual
for banquets!), so all kudos to the caterer, the same family that had a
food stand at the track.

The tire-spinning bike to which you refer is a gas turboed Suzuki
Hayabusa which belongs to my friend Larry Forstall of PA. It was ridden
by a young man(who also built the bike) whose name I didn't catch but
with a speed just a couple tiny ticks under the Maxton bike record, this
rider has been where not many men go!

Larry has run bikes himself at Bonneville in the 200 mph range.  I
enjoyed sitting with him at the banquet telling stories.

Cheers Bill