Solvent Odor

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Solvent Odor
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:32:26 -0800 (PST)
 I guess I'm wierd.  I like the smell of Safety Kleen.  Of course, there's a
reason.  When I was young, my dad cleaned parts in kerosene. Yuckch!  Whenever
we went to the "real" auto shop in town, I could always smell parts cleaner
solvent. The "real" shop's owner drove a cool '49 Olds slope-back that had
three deuces and glasspacks, and the young mechanic that worked for him had a
Model A roadster with a triple deuce flathead.  Ever since that, I guess I
always associate the smell of Safety Clean and similar parts cleaners with hot
rods and fast cars.  Hey, what can I say?
Dick J
  Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net> wrote: If I remember right from years ago
one of the things we did with the safety kleen
was to run water on the top of it so that it did not evaporate or stink when it
was not in use.. Doesn't answer your question and might of been mentioned but
just came to mind this morning when I saw this post..
Dave