Re: magneto

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: magneto
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:28:28 -0800
>  LGMCAFEE@aol.com wrote:
>
>  > This may be off the land racing topic but still is a motorhead
question. We
>  > race outboard Merc motors that have a mag on them about like the
fairbanks
>  > mags on a lot of old farm tractors. What I am going to do is run two
> separate
>  > mags to one spark plug. I know a lot of drag motors have two mags but
they
>  > also go to two sets of plugs. My question is will what I'm doing work
or
> will
>  > it back feed and burn up both mags and also do you think there will be
any
>  > performance advantage. I just got mags mounted and belts run, It looks
> like a
>  > factory setup if only It works.
>  > Thanks for any feedback
>  > Larry Mac
As usual I don't understand the question. I don't know anything about
electricity but I suspect this will burn out one or both mags. Keep in mind
that I'm usually wrong about such things. It seems to me that it would be a
fairly easy thing to add a spark plug to a two stroke head (it is aluminum I
hope) and a second plug will give you the redundancy I think your looking
for.    Rich Fox