Air intake Box

To: "Landspeed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air intake Box
From: "SMITH KENTON E" <ksmith6@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:00:20 -0700
I've read with great interest the comments on air intake size, etc.  Now I've
got a question about what to do with it once it is inside the engine
compartment.

We're putting a Hilborn stack type injection on our roadster.  We've got an
air intake out the front of the grill shell which is ducted into the engine
compartment.  I'm wondering what is important as far as the shape and size of
the box we will mount on top of the injectors.

We have room for about 4" stacks with the the box mounted on top of them.
What works well:  Tall-skinny, short-wide, tapered, flat, round, square, big,
small ??

Thanks,
Ken