Re: Nitrous 101(Some More)

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Nitrous 101(Some More)
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 10:16:20 -0600
Dave,
Thanks again for the input. And you are right, I may be barking up the
wrong tree. But I am not convinced that I am......yet (-:
I had not discounted the fuel as a problem at Bonneville but have no way of
proving it.....without some flame front or similar data to compare with
some other fuel burn rate data. I thought that if I could get the data on
gasoline from a few sources, ERC being one of them, then I could compare
them with each other and also to methanol. Methanol would, in my mind, be
more constant in burn rate than racing gasolines that the manufacturer
fiddles with all the time. ERC gas seems to burn slowly but very hot. This
could explain why the EGT is high there and trying to move the heat back
inside the engine by more spark advance hurts the engines. At least it hurt
our engine last summer. With the addition of the "heat" factor......more to
consider.
Skip (pig headed but still after it after all these years!)