Cricket/Salt Talks/Challange

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Cricket/Salt Talks/Challange
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:01:32 -0500
Hey Keith and list,
Cricket to some sort of American rules (ie there are few rules!) sounds
like fun,
If you want the Brits to officiate - there are normally two Umpires on the
field of play and a third one in the pavillion (that's something like Joe
Timneys timing hut by the way....) watching TV - we may be able to assist
with two of the Laurinberg 16 and one other in August.  But we are Brits,
so there is no bias East or West.  We could be impartial in all decision
making....or we could be offered enducements to favour just one team......
I take it Glen will run the clocks for the 45 timing slot.
I also hope the ball used will be soft - otherwise there might be more
damage than a few heart attacks at or about or just below belt level.  Will
there be uniforms?  If the Cricket whites of the English game are used
there might just be a few people who cannot be seen.  With the salt being
so hard I would suggest the wooden bits that the bowlers aim at (otherwise
known as the wickets) should be mounted on a wooden base otherwise the
individual stumps would never move.
I take it the Australian drinks dispensers attached to their hats would be
allowed, so long as they also hold on to a tinnie.  Do those from Oz play
the winners in a World title decider?
Much fun is likely...
Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.