Re: MediaPhobia

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: MediaPhobia
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:17:56 -0800
List, In my opinion:

Rich has hit the real point.
Bonneville is owned by the people of the United States of America. It is
administrated for them by an organization named The Bureau of Land Management.
This means it is not reserved for any specific use or user.
There have been times in the past when our use of the salt for motor racing
has been questioned.

There are users that pay the BLM a fee and go out and trash the place.

Look at the problems Breedlove and Noble had getting permits for Black Rock.

Look at Muroc.

Increased exposure carries with it increased risk at loss of use.
I imagine some XYZologist finding some endangered microbe half way to
Floating Mountain just because he saw a program on TV about racing at
Bonneville!

Our access to the salt for racing is on very tenuous ground and wouldn't
exist at all with out the efforts of USFRA members.
Remember, they (STS) had to sue the BLM to force it to enforce it's own
rules. These rules were in conflict with Private Sector requests / needs.

There are people on the list who know much more about these battles
for rights of racers than I do.

When Louise says "Be Vigilant" I look east, to Western Utah.

If this makes me "Media Phobic", so be it.

Bryan   (what's that phrase about forgetting your history?)