Re: Climate data for the future...

To: Bill Bennett <benettw@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Climate data for the future...
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:56:56 -0500
OK, Bill, here goes.

I use a pilots calculator I got from Shorty's Airplane Supply Co. It was about
$69.00. You will need a centigrade thermometer $18.00 and an altimeter ( got a
recalibrated one from Wicks Aircraft for $150), leave the barometer adjustment
set on 29.4. This will give you corrected density altitude. I used this type set
up for over 20 years drag racing with good results. I also have a wet/dry bulb
thermometer I bought used for $90.

In my mind, if I were to do this today, I'd buy the Computech Systems #3000
RaceAir Competition Weather Station for $349.95. It features automatic air
sampling and raw values for temperture, relative humidity,and barometric
pressure
are displayed continuously. Automatic calulations values for air correstion
factor, density altitude, ait density ratio, vapor pressure, dry barometer, dew
point temperturecan be displayed on a rotating or fixed basis.

How can you beat this piece...$349.95!!! This is probably too much info for the
average person, but you learn fast have to use the data. Racing has come a long
way since the days of just using a air density gauge.

Try www.computechsys.com for more info!

Should of been a salesman, I guess. Hope this helps.
joe