Running without all cylinders

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running without all cylinders
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:08:49 -0800
But, in my case, I am over the "D" engine size by a tiny amount. I have
thought about sleeving the first and fifth cylinders (two front ones) to
reduce the bore back to stock 4.000. This would let me run in the correct
class. If one is above board with this and tell the inspectors what has been
done, would it be legal?

Mayf,

Because the cid of your engine is too close to pump within the parameters as
outlined in the rulebook you will have to pull a head. If the sleeved
cylinders are too difficult to reach for direct measurement it could happen
that you may be measured out of class. Please make sure that if you do
sleeve the engine you make a point to the inspecting official that this is
the case. We may have to measure all 8 to come up with the accurate
displacement.

Dan Warner