Re: Worlds Fastest Model T Ford

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Worlds Fastest Model T Ford
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 19:16:45 EST
In a message dated 12/25/2001 12:52:35 PM Pacific Standard Time, Want1937hd
writes:

> Hi Doug, Merry Christmas. Great looking T, I plan on pitting on together
> some day. All the parts are here, just need the time. I'm sure someone ran
> a T engine in a lakes modified up to about 125MPH, wonder what the record

Bob,
    Multy Aldrich used to drive his 23 T to Bonneville Speed Week every year.
In the old-days he was the Tech guy. Later, he and his wife Vera were the
"Hospitality" committee, greeting everybody as they exited the
"end-of-the-road" onto the salt.
    Multy reportedly ran his "T" at Speed Week occasionally, turning about
75MPH. I don't know if it was a flathead or OHV conversion.
    Roy Creel would know more than anybody about the T & A exploits at the
salt flats...........Ardun Doug King