Magazine on LSR

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Magazine on LSR
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 16:38:03 -0500
I was waiting until Christmas eve to wish everyone on this list and
everyone in ECTA a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in 2002.  But then
up comes a topic on a magazine for LSR.  So here are my best wishes to
friend around the world to enjoy the holiday season.

If in America and you have #20.00 waiting to be spent why not subscribe to
an English produced speed magazine.......in Europe it is #16.00 for 4
issues.

The Speed Record Club has been producing a quarterly magazine for the last
ten and half years (issue 43 hit the mat early this month) with about 40 A4
pages in each black and white issue...YES, I have to admit bias because for
half that time I was the Chairman of the Speed Record Club....we circulate
350 copies each issue.

"Fast FACTS" is not only a club magazine for its members, but has articles
about all aspects of the LSR scene past and present (along with Water and
Air and some odd speed efforts) ...some articles are technical about the
vehicles...some are about the attempts....some are about history.....some
are about the people.  Most of the articles are written by people who have
had an involvement in the LSR / WSR / Air Speed activity - designers,
managers, drivers, organisers, helpers.

When taken with BRN and the 'odd'articles in magazine s such as Hot Rod,
Rod and Custom, Custom Car, Autocar, etc  you get a good coverage of the
sport of going fast.....but then I did say I was biased.

If you can find the writers and editorial staff and can get a high enough
circulation then perhaps a new niche magazine could be started.....but do
not forget what is already available.

I would guess that there are other club magazines around the world as
well....any in Australia?

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.

ps No advert, but the SRC web site is at www.soft.net.uk/speedrecordclub