Mickey Thompson

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mickey Thompson
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 07:07:43 -0500
Whilst correcting an error from the family press release (which is also
published in many magazines and books), I would not want this list to think
that I would wish to take away anything from MT's achievements in motor
sport - be it on the salt, drag strip or dirt.
I guess that this hot rodder and his Challenger 1 car did more to affect
Donald Campbells speed record activities in the early '60's than anyone
else.
Its just a shame that one way speeds become described as 'one way records'
over time.
406 mph if backed up would have affected every wheel driven team until the
Vesco's and Burkland's got motoring.
Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.