Re: 2 Club

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: 2 Club
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:16:47 -0800
Brian, not picking on you, just you note is the perfect place for a thought
of mine...

Interesting... when people start getting close to asking things that can't
be answered, the "volunteer" word always jumps out! What does being a
volunteer have to do with the way decisions are made? Again, I have no
interest in either the 2 or 3 club. I can't get there from here...but being
an old engineer I deal from data. I can understand how minimums were set for
the 2 club. I can also understand that they swagged the minimum numbers.
But, it would be nice if that was said or that some formula showed up that
said here is how we set the minimums...i.e. each engine break in each class
is to be 8.4531 percent higher than the next lower engine size...or some
such nonsense... that we could all relate too. Example: AA/GL = 1.084531 *
A/GL   =  287....mph Do this and the heat from the discussion will
evaporate.

mayf