LSR historic

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: LSR historic
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (pork.pie)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:26:02 +0100
Hi Folks,

about the 200 Club.

Remember the Rosemeyer note I wrote.

Rudolf Caracciola is in the 200 Club - this guy never set a record in the
states,
the 268 mph, which are still the German record, he runs on the 28. January on
the Autobahn between Frankfurt and Darmstadt - some hours later Rosemeyer got
his fatal accident.

Rosemeyer himself was the first who ever runs 250+ mph on an Autobahn.

I talked to Wolfe in 1998 about this, and asked him why Rudolf is in, and not
Bernd.
He said that there is no certification known.

I contact Audi but this guys moved the library, so they got no chance to find
the information I need - will try again.

Anyway, Caratsch done it in Germany - there would be no reason, to accept
people
like Seagrave, Keech (this is an American), Cobb - Eyston is in the Club - why
not Cobb? - Donald Campbell/Andy Green is in the Club, they runs at Lake Eyre
/Black Rock.

I think there is reason to discuse this, OR?

Lousie, I told you before, after I done the correction reading from your book,
that there is no seperate WOMAN record, also that there is not only Paula who
runs jet cars at Bonneville.
To O'Neil - the SMI Motivator was a three wheeler, and so this car will so or
so
not run under FIA - than she has to run under FIM - but, by the way - O'Niel
was
to the end of the 70's in the FIA list, than they found out that this car got
not enough wheels, one, two, three,....three, what comes next....
Also surprised me that this car got a chance to make a return run in the one
hour rule.

The SMI was the same base design as the later build Budweiser Rocket - The
Budweiser was not rebuild from the SMI, so it's stand in some books. In reality
there are 4 cars - The SMI Motivator and 3 Budweiser Rockets.

I think it's time that I write an article about this.

Back to the SMI - if the information is correct, which I got, than it needs
more
than 1 hour to refuel the car - to fuel the Budweiser it needs 24 Hours...

But, sorry, there was never a woman record, and when the ladies set there speed
records, to this time the record in this class was much higher.

As Malcolm wrote, on water there is or was a woman class. Donald Campbells
daughter Gina done a woman water speed world record.

See ya

Pork Pie