RE: Recips.

To: "'Rose & Terry Hunt'" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>,
Subject: RE: Recips.
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:53:33 -0600
Terry;

I'll take your word on the reliability of the engines on a DC-6 but my one
experience flying in one (as a passenger back in '57) was otherwise. We took
off from Rhein- Main Airbase (W. Germany) and were flying back to NJ. Six
hours out of Prestwick, Scotland we lost an engine and headed back to
Prestwick. Seeing the wing tanks dumping fuel to lighten the load was not an
inspiring sight! After a layover, we had another DC-6 flown in from Rhein-
Main and continued over to Goose Bay, Labrador and then to NJ without
incident. Whew! That was a few days after I graduated from high school. I'll
never forget the sound of a big reciprocating engine cranking up and then
firing in the still, cool darkness as the sound carried over the tarmac.
Those inertia starters still give me a real chill when I hear them cranking
over a big engine.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ