BMR Coupe

To: "wspotter" <wester6935@home.com>,
Subject: BMR Coupe
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:13:32 -0600
Will wrote me a great e-mail this morning defining what's it's like to be
on fire at 186mph on the Dirt....  Seems they finally found the oil leak
that has been plaguing them... hard way to find it... but it's part of
racing I suppose....

That car really is one of the finest Hot Rods out there... Old and tired...
they want to retire it so bad they can't stand it.... but like me they have
some goals it's yet to attain.... like getting in the Two club at El Mirage
and Bonneville... and the frustrations of running Big numbers and not being
able to back them up... or running JUST short of the number on the dirt....
 It's been fun to follow them for the last few years...  Someday they will
make it and the wait will be somehow worth it....

Will Handzel by the way is the only other person in the Muroc and ECTA two
club's without having El Mirage or Bonneville...

Keith ( hey at least he was out there racing and had a shot...)

----------
> From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
> To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>; Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: landspeed@autox.team.net <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: El Mirage
> Date: Monday, November 19, 2001 9:05 AM
>
> Glen,
>
> Was Steve gasping for air?
>
> You know how fish are when they get out of water?
>
> He may be looking for dry land while he is visiting.
>
> Wes
>
> on 11/18/01 8:44 PM, glen barrett at speedtimer@charter.net wrote:
>
> > WOW
> > Three days of 75 degree weather , no wind and 118 entries. something
over
> > 300 runs on a rained on and wet course last Tuesday and dry for the
week
> > end.
> > We had several visitors in the timing stand this week end including
Steve Pitt