Re: New Subject... Books

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Subject... Books
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:24:14 -0500
My favorite book over the last few years has been " Land Speed Racing for
Dummies". It was written by some guy from Alabama and a hundred others that
belong to some kind of list. I have found that the list members to be the
most literate and vocal at times. So far this book has guided me through
various aspects of building a new car. Facts that come mind have covered
such topics as, using bag balm for preventing utter disaster, door panels
don't make a car faster, weed eater motors make great drink mixers, JB Weld
makes a great radiator sealer, pinto motors can be fun and fast, a rotary
engine is not the same size a reciprocating engine, and no you can't steer
the rear wheels. After attending several meetings with the chief Editor and
list members I have also learned that the British can drive one the RIGHT
side of the road, but they don't like BBQ. If you know of anyone that
doesn't have a copy of this book it would make a wonderful gift for
Christmas.

Bill
By the way don't forget to check the fuel!