Re: RE; Alloy Flathead aircraft/Trimotor

To: fosterap@flash.net, wester6935@home.com, Rick@rbmotorsports.com,
Subject: Re: RE; Alloy Flathead aircraft/Trimotor
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:38:00 EDT
I think the box/floorboard story is just a story. I have an original wood
shipping box that came out of a Ford dealership that closed in 1933, it would
take far too much time to take it apart. Bob in connecticut.......owner of
the fastest 1912 T in town!

<< I have a Henry Ford story.  During the Model T days, Henry outsourced some
 parts, and insisted they be shipped in wooden boxes, cut to exact
 dimensions.  Once the parts were used on the assembly line, the wooden box
 parts were used to make the floorboards, already cut to size.  Anybody know
 if this is true?  Jerry in Dallas >>