Re: Congratulations and THANK YOU!!

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Congratulations and THANK YOU!!
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 06:59:50 -0600 (MDT)
Malcolm I agree whole completely!!
What a great meet it has been, and what a great way to
finish the first year of the next century.

Heartiest congratulations to all racers and especially
the new record holders.

What a thrill it is to finish a racing season
by ..capturing a record.. or to recapture a record that
you had previously held.

This was my first year of driving a LSR vechicle and we
were lucky enough to establish a record in an open
class in which we barley missed the min. set for the 2
club.

I want to thank every one who worked on all of the LSR
meets because with out your efforts we would not have
the privilage to participate in this wonderful sport
and there wouldn't be any records to celebrate.

Again thanks and congratulations to all. WmTS

uoting Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>:

> CONGRATULATIONS to the Turbinator team and Don and
Rick Vesco in
> particular.
>
> Regardless of the attempt conditions, sanctioning
body, timing or stewards
> the speed set at 458 makes them the UNDISPUTED WORLDS
FASTEST automobile
> using power through the wheels.
>
> It is a poignant, moment coming as it does just over
a month after the
> burial of Donald Campbell on land.  After 34 years
DC's name will not be
> alongside the turbine FIA record (assuming
ratification takes place without
> any hitches).  British speed enthusiasts will
remember both occassions and
> perhaps many will see the Turbinator and meet Don if
together he and the
> car visit the UK on a World celebration tour (or do
we have to travel to

majordomo@autox.team.net