NASCAR classes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: NASCAR classes
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 05:22:29 -0700
. What has to happen to make them an
Altered or a Comp coupe If all the body lines are right seems like they would
fit into one of those classes.

Dave & list,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think WC cars are not reall y stock from the
firewall back. Different roof lines, quarter panels and fenders. If a WC car
fits NASCAR's templates doesn't necessarily mean that the car is stock as
required by our rulebook.  Production cars have to be on a stock frame, CC and
Altered can run any frame. Most WC cars I've seen are flatbottom, i.e. belly
pan, not allowed in Altered.

Yes, the roof rails came from Bill Ward after watching cup cars. Others, like
John Rains, run roof flaps. No penalty as far as body configuration is
concerned. Be aware that roof flap kits from Roush are designed for a specific
application and may not fit or work as designed on your '53 Studie.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make a cup car come into compliance with the
rulebook as currently written.

Dan Warner