Bonneville Records

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonneville Records
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:00:46 -0600
List,

Wanted to let everybody know that the Bonneville Records of
http://www.landracing.com are up to date including the World of Speed
event. Those of you on the list with records please check yours and make
sure everything is in order.
Also Ive been watching the Hourly weather conditions for the last week
there has been no precip for quite a long time at the Airport. The days
seems to get a bit of breeze some as much as 30 mph gusts of wind. Daily
temps in the 50's low 60's. Its going to be very cold during the event
make sure you bring enough clothing to keep warm.
Then early morning return runs will be a task. Trying to start those
race engines in 30-40 degree temps must be a tough task for some of you.
Now that curiosity has set in what do most of you do in situations like
this? Does anybody run some type of block heater per say, oil heaters?
Joe and I have never really been in this position luckily Joe has been
thinking about this and he is addressing these issues as we speak as
best as we can. Any info from anybody else?

Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com