Re: SB2 heads

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: SB2 heads
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:40:15 -0400
where does this put the 18 degree head then as the ports though close together
are not in the same place by any means nor are the exhaust ports. A 23 degree
intake manifold will not fit or even come close and headers won't interchange
either.
The SB2 is easy enough as is the Spread port/splayed valve head. Along with this
in the ford stuff do i assume a Yates head is not legal either although the
ports are laid out the same they will not bolt up.
The real question is, Is it any of the bolt patterns, port spacing, or valve
angle/layout. All of these things to me constitute a no bolt on situation and as
i read the rules it seems as though if an original part won't bolt up then it is
not legal in production and classified as an engine swap under the rules in
section IV-14.
Dave Dahlgren