Re: Procedures-Drivers-Logic

To: "Higginbotham Land Speed Racing" <saltrat@pro-blend.com>,
Subject: Re: Procedures-Drivers-Logic
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:56:49 -0700
Skip & List
At the SCTA-BNI speedweek event with two courses the patrols are down the
center of the two. The emergency equipment is located at the 2 1/2 mile by
the timing trailer and the fire truck is at the three mile in the center. We
have two rovers, on the long course is Chris & Ed Shearer with fire fighting
equipment on board.On the short course is Dave Kohler. These rovers are in
the normal turn out area for that course. As we have two observers in the
trailer every run is closely watched and in the event something goes wrong
all equipment is rolled to the incident if it occurs.

The big problem in land speed racing is the distance we have to travel to
the emergency. Unlike closed courses with big budgets and lots of equipment
we don't have that luxury.

Our safety record is as good as any other form of motor sport and each
incident is a lesson learned and in many cases a new rule written if
required. We all want and do read the mail regarding safety and racing
related subjects.

Please keep them coming.

Glen