compression check

To: "Landspeed list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: compression check
From: "Gene Halvorson" <ghalvorson@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 0:23:40 -0500
Rich,

As you can see by my earlier post, neither exhaust valve was opening on #2
and #4 cyls.  So you were right on the money by questioning exhaust
timing.   My concern is why?  Unfortunately, some breakages
such as this, may never really be answered.  What causes one rocker
stud to break and another to loosen the nut to where it falls off and a
third to bend the pushrod?  The rev limiter worked as planned as I did take
the motor up to the limiter point of 6200 rpm a couple of times and I could
hear
it and see it holding.  The valve springs I am running are good for
higher than that.  The old big block fords I used to run could go 6 grand
all day long and not miss a beat.

--- Gene Halvorson

--- ghalvorson@earthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.