Re: Maxton stuff this weekend

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton stuff this weekend
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:34:34 -0500
Don't Forget to Give Uncle Brad some credit here too....he has sat on the
sidelines a bunch while we do this... nothing happens with one person....
oh and in this case it's even a Motor he built....

but I agree ... for me personally it's one of the true joys of the
sport.... can't wait to do it at Bonneville someday... ( don't sign up this
week we have Plenty of options )

----------
> From: Clay, Dale <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
> To: 'Keith Turk' <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: Maxton stuff this weekend
> Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 9:12 AM
>
> Go get 'em Keith!  I think its cool your putting so many people in the
seat.

> Dale C.
>

> Subject: Maxton stuff this weekend
>

> Don Wales ( grandson of some guy named Sir Malcolm Campbell... I hear he
> raced once or twice ) and Malcolm Pittwood are dropping by this weekend
..
> the plan was to help with a couple of license passes and a
familiarization
> of our racing procedures here in the states for Don, as he is going to be
> running an electric car in the Future.
>
> So the Poor ole Broke So-Al Special had to be completely rebuilt over the
> last month to make it ready to race this weekend....  Been a long and
Very
> enjoyable month....   Couple of the highlights of the rebuild.... new
> Landrum Rear Leaf's.... and new air bags in the back.... Went through the
> six speed and repaired the damaged 5/6 slider assembly.... tried to
rebuild
> the Cast Iron D motor but the block didnt' work out very well.... so We
> ended up sticking the C motor in the car for this meet.... ( this is the
> Hydraulic cam Mule Motor Brad built over the winter and No slouch )
Fired