Carb helicoils

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb helicoils
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:50:39 -0500
Just thought I would pass this along as it's been a problem in my life a
couple of times this year....

The Barry Grant and Holley Carb both use a 12-24 float bowl screw and they
seem to have a habit of stripping out....  I found a killer deal at carquest
auto parts on a helicoil kit to fix them....

Holley makes the Helicoil set and is pleased to charge you 70 bucks for
it... but Carquest has the exact same Helicoil set for 36 bucks.  the
installation of one of these requires a 15/64's drill bit (.234) but the
whole thing took less then 10 minutes to install 3 of them

Keith ( gotta share some minor success in life )