Back from WOS...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back from WOS...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:46:59 -0700
Well, just rolled in a few minutes ago. Lots of interesting stuff, best bet
is to look at the landracing site. Jon was there taking notes and uploading
all the time. Met Tom Stewart and Tom Bryant. Great people! T.S's car is a
Monza and I took a lot of pix for Dick J to ponder over. Tom's car ran great
but was lacking about 3 mph. Very consistent, though, running against a
215.something record. Learned a lot of new stuff, well actually stuff I had
forgotten and remembered, such as scoops. Any way, was a great meet, more
cars than expected, I think plus some other stuff going on, ala a boxing
match, a golf tournement, a very large Russian IL 167 transport with I think
2 busses, 40 cars (Mercedes and BMW', I think). Hotelsd full Sat night, even
morre so than Speedweek!

mayf, tired red neck from Pahrump