Re: new to list

To: landspeedracer <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: new to list
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:24:07 -0400
landspeedracer wrote:

> Rick
>
> You may need to revise your plans here. Your going to have some trouble
> running as an XO/anything with a 300 Buick. Now if you want to run D/GALT
> thats different.
>
> JB
> > Richard Fox wrote:
> >
> > > Rick; I like your plan. What motor do you plan to use. 302 GMC is fine.
> > > Rich Fox

JB,
You're right, I've been checking on that just today; I had misread a bit of the
rule-book. (or read it the way I wanted too ;-)  I had seen the date not the OHV
as the main thing.
No big deal; I'm basically doing the car the way I want it as a driver, and any
LS racing would be a bonus.
I will be setting up the car with the 300 as the doner car is a runner right
now.  I will sort it out first as is and could always run it as you say; D /
GALT, and get a bit of experience that way.

It is a shame that there is no class for vintage bodies but with updated
motors.  Aside from the windshield angle etc. I wonder how the aerodynamics are
for the Torpedo compared to some of the modern ones that would be in that
class.  Any of you guys (or girls ;-) running any 46-48s?

Down the road I'll keep my eye out for an XO motor, till then it will be fun for
a lot of things.
Cheers,
Rick