A Poem from Another Fine Canadian Friend

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: A Poem from Another Fine Canadian Friend
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:28:34 EDT
  This poem was written by a Canadian in memory of our American brothers and
sisters who lost their lives in this horrendous terrorist attack. I thought
it was too good not to share with as many people as possible.
   Please pass it on, with the hope that it will reach some hurting soul.
   Thankyou

  "Always Remembered"

Words can't express the sorrow we feel
as we hold onto each other and bend down to kneel.
The truth overwhelms us.
We cannot understand,
all that was lost, with the wave of a hand.

Though my eyes they cry tears,
my heart is torn and it bleeds.
My mind reels with knowledge and in anger it screams!
Each and every life is torn apart at the seams.

This ill-fated day began like the others,
We said good morning to our dear ones and lovers.
...rushed in a hurry like a runaway train,
not knowing we would not be together again.

Then with the usual blur of the day,
that monster gave the order to take it away.
They took our chance to live and to love,
and instead they sent us to the Great Lord above.

The world is astonished and sharing in tears,
they brought home the nightmares and all of our fears.
But it is not over, for this we are sure.
Our hearts are not tarnished, instead they are pure.
For we were the innocent, not given a thought.
The means to the end to the evil they sought.

In the dark days to come, in shadows and fear,
I am not gone, but will always be near.
Our world, our country, our family and friends,
we will all come together and together we'll mend.
We share in the devastation, the tragedy and loss,
but you WILL be remembered, no matter the cost.

            By Rhonda Shepherd
                              September 11, 2001
                                Ontario, Canada