Canada

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Canada
From: RAWAWA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:02:11 EDT
My wife and i are still in Millwood,Halifax,Canada hopefully getting back to
N,Y, tomw afternoon. Had a lobster dinner tonight and a tour of Halifax and
nearby Peggy's Cove courtesy of a our good neighbors in Canada.Can't begin to
tell anybody how overwhelmed we all are by the Nova Scotian hospitilaty. They
came out in droves to take us into their homes if we didn't like the High
School Gym we are in.The school is closed but the kids show up anyway to help
out the red cross.I get food offered to so often i think i'm on a cruise ship.
THIS IS the Love Boat ..................................As for those that asked
about my son,a NY Firefighter,i spoke with him earlier today. He was at The
Fire voluntarily along with thousands of other NY brothers and many others that
came in from outside NY. He's back in the Bronx tomw at his regular house,Eng
88. We personally knew dozens of brothers that died yesterday and i can't begin
to express how we feel. On father's Day this year 3 died and it was
terrible,leaving behi
nd 3 wives and 8 kids. Now we have something so overwhelming and incomparable.
i'm not ashamed to tell you i've cried more the last two days than at any time
in my life....All 5 rescues ,3 squads, haz-mat wiped out in seconds..the heart
of the job...we know when we sign up the inherent risks...but
?........................................... Thanks for letting me share this
with you all,it helps a lot,.........Bob Wanner