Re: Bulletproof Axles for 9" Ford

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bulletproof Axles for 9" Ford
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:11:47 EDT
In a message dated 9/5/2001 6:26:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ardunbill@webtv.net writes:

> So, I need some custom-length superduty never fail axles as reliable as
> the sun coming up in the morning, complete ready to shove in my axle
> housings, studs, bearings, seals, retainers, etc.  Your thoughts will be
> appreciated. Final responsibility is mine.   Ardun Bill

Bill,
       If it were mine I'd leave the present axles in there. I seriously
doubt that your roadsters traction (especially on salt or dirt) would ever be
enough to twist a factory 9" axle.
       The only reason I've gone to Strange or MW on my cars was to get the
correct length for the narrower housing...............Ardun Doug King