Re: Chute lines...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Chute lines...
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 19:55:48 -0700
Just got back from a 6-day Corvette competition, exhausted but enjoying catching
up on the banter.........Mayf, my suggestion is call Jim Diest with that
question. He "did the math" for me, and based on car speed, weight, shape, etc.
came up with 40 feet of tow line for me. This was right after Juri's incident,
and the intent here was to make sure the car pulled down straight. It's a pain
pack that much tow line, but the car has always "hit" straight, even in the
wind.
I'm sure he would be glad to work that number up for you.
Ed